Just 20 miles from Glasgow Airport, Cameron House feels like it could be 1000 miles from a city. Such is the uniqueness of the resort’s stunning location in Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park.
The owners of Cameron House are investing mightily this off-season in room upgrades and extensive updates to the hotel’s historic public areas. This is a great property for families, couples and even single travelers.
These are my favorite things to experience at Cameron House.
1) Take a boat trip on Loch Lomond. Cameron House has its own boat, The Celtic Warrior, and guests booked by Celebrated Experiences get to ride for free! The boat ride and complimentary breakfast are our Celebrated Perks at Cameron House. While most guests simply enjoy the views over Scotland’s largest loch, there is no better way to experience it than by boat.
2) Go for a hike. There are hundreds of miles of trails to explore in the National Park.
3) Enjoy the Cameron House Spa. This is one of the largest and most luxurious spas in Scotland. The spa uses ESPA and Carita products.
4) Play a round of golf on the hotel’s Carrick Course.
5) Take a Day Trip to Glasgow to visit the city’s fantastic museums and learn more about one of the world’s most influential architects, Charles Rennie Mackintosh.
6) Visit the Glengoyne Distillery, one of my favorite distilleries in Scotland. I love the different types of tours and tasting experiences they have created for our clients!
7) Take a flight on the hotel’s sea plane – the views over the landscape are phenomenal.
8) Martin Wishart is one of Britain’s greatest chefs, and I love dining at his Michelin Star outpost at Cameron House.
9) Take a break from touring and enjoy the swimming pool with your kids.
10) Whisky Tasting with a view in the Great Scots Bar.
Because of its proximity to Glasgow Airport, Cameron House is a perfect start or end to a Scottish adventure.