I remember the first time I visited Killarney Park. I was struck by so many things that made this hotel special. That was over 10 years ago. Since we have booked literally thousands of happy guests as this hotel.
Here are my favorite things about Killarney Park:
- The Location! County Kerry is a fantastic base for touring and scenic drives. Killarney Park is located with easy access to the areas three great peninsulas: The famous Ring of Kerry (Iveragh Peninsula), The Dingle Peninsula and the more off-the-beaten-path Beara Peninsula. Each itinerary offers very different experiences. Killarney Park is also a central base to the regions incredible activities: golf; hiking; cycling; boating; fishing and so much more. Also, some clients relish being in a town, and Killarney Park is perfectly located to walk to Killarney’s pubs, restaurants and shops selling local wares. Finally, the hotel is literally steps from Killarney National Park.
- The Hotel Team! Killarney Park is family owned and operated. You can tell that the hotel team is honored to have the opportunity to work at the only 5-star hotel in town, and this pride in service shows itself throughout the stay from check in to breakfast to the helpful concierge team. All of their concierges are now members of Les Clef D’Or (The Golden Keys) and offer unparalleled assistance. A good example of this “going above and beyond” is their Guest Services Manager, “PC”, who not only got a family tickets for the sold-out Celtic Steps show, but managed to get the cast to bring the daughter, who was competing in an Irish dancing competition in town, up on stage to dance in the finale with the cast of the show. PC is a local legend, and I am proud that he is now a friend – like so many of the staff at Killarney Park.
- The Suites! Many guests at Killarney Park are coming to and from some of Ireland’s other great luxury hotels such as Ashford Castle, Ballyfin, Dromoland Castle and others. They often opt to stay in the hotel’s exceptional suites. Of the seven suites most have been updated in the past few years. My favorite is the Master Suite, one of Ireland’s best 2-family suites, an incredible option for families. Another favorite is the Garden Suite – especially for those who prefer contemporary style. I have stayed in this suite on my last two visits to Killarney. There is lots of buzz about the Innisfallen Suite (named for an island in the National Park), with its tastefully designed living room and a massive dressing room off the bedroom. It blends styles very well.
- The Park Restaurant! This is one of my favorite breakfasts in Ireland, and it has also earned two AA Rosettes for dining. This is a great restaurant to sample the best of Irish produce, and they offer guests a classic dining experience in a sumptuous dining room. Specialty dishes include Chateaubriand and Dover Sole, both carved tableside.
- The bar! Interested in learning more about Irish Whisky? Then head straight to the bar, where the team will teach you all about the various styles of Ireland’s most refined beverage. All guests booked by Celebrated earn a great special amenity: a very educational Irish whisky tasting!
To learn more about Killarney Park and to create a personalized itinerary while visiting the area please email or call our team!