|Here is Jonathan’s personal Thanksgiving message. We know so many of you look forward to these!
Happy Thanksgiving! It’s time for my annual overshare, when I list the things I am most thankful for! I started this tradition during a very low point in 2010, and in sharing my gratitude I have become happier and more full of joy than I could have ever wished. Thank you for being a part of this journey and I hope you enjoy this latest edition.
- I am thankful that I have a 19-month old who is somehow the boss of me. Here is her priceless reaction to hearing her first cockle doodle doo.
- I am thankful that my parents’ vision for the potential of Celebrated Experiences is now being fulfilled by our passionate and innovative team.
- I am thankful for our incredible Collection of Hotels on the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento & Capri that now include Palazzo Avino, Santa Caterina, Le Sirenuse, Villa Treville, Punta Tragara, Villa Franca, Capri Tiberio Palace, Bellevue Syrene, Marina Riviera, Eden Roc and others to be announced in January!
- I am thankful for bone-in ribeye steaks.
- I am thankful for our growing London-based team who are delighting clients with special guided experiences at The Tower of London, Churchill War Rooms, Hamley’s Toy Store, neighborhood walking tours, and private manor/farmhouse experiences in the countryside.
- I am thankful for the 5 best bands of all time: The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, and U2 (pre Achtung Baby).
- I am thankful for the epic innovation happening in the Scotch Whisky industry and our partnerships there, such as at Balvenie.
- I am thankful for constructive feedback and the friends and coworkers who coach me so often – you know who you are!
- I am thankful that I was able to travel with Dad on an Inspection Tour for the first time since 2006. We just returned from a brilliant trip visiting partners in Scotland! Stay tuned for some new Celebrated Hotels and Apartments!
- I am thankful for our incredible castle hotels such as Ashford, Dromoland, Leslie, Glenapp, Inverlochy, Castello del Nero and Amberley that continually innovate and push the limits of guest experience.
- I am thankful that in just a few weeks I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage with the love of my life, Laura. I truly won the marrying-up Olympics.
- I am thankful for each and every travel advisor client who allows us to personalize travel for their valued clients. You mean so much to me and our entire team.
- I am thankful for the army of researchers, advocates and donors who are waging war against Alzheimers and Dementia – which my mom has suffered from for almost a decade. We will be making another donation next month as a part of our Celebrated Impact program, which enables us to donate $1 for every hotel room night we book. Thanks to those who booked with us this year.
- I am thankful that I was able to witness another Alabama National Championship!
- I am thankful that there is so much more to Scotland than you think, like this otherworldly example.
- I am thankful for the widespread outcry after the massacre at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh. Never Again. (But it will only be Never Again if we fight prejudice and hate when we first see it, not when it is too late)
- I am thankful for my Celebrated leadership team – what would I do without you? Thank you Ty, Kathy, Patricia, Neelam, Jennifer and of course Dad!
- I am thankful for these last few weeks with Truman. He has had a rough go of it and does not have much longer with us, but we are spoiling him and cherishing every snuggle.
- I am thankful that I was able to take a family vacation in Ireland for the first time. No work. All play. Memories that will last forever, including this BRAVE David moment!
- I am thankful for you being in my life and letting me share with you.
Thanks so much for reading and being a part of our Celebrated Family. Wishing you and your families a very Happy Thanksgiving!
All the best,