One of Ireland’s biggest stories has been the rise of The Shelbourne as their innovative owners have invested over $40 million since 2015. For 195 years, The Shelbourne has been Dublin’s grand dame and the heart and soul of Dublin society. The best, brightest and most creative of Irish society still gather here to stay, drink, and rub elbows with your clients visiting the capital.
Creative owners & management are at the helm of the evolution. Every room has been updated, including the Heritage Rooms in the most historic part of the hotel (our favorites overlook beautiful St. Stephen’s Green). The lobby, reception and Lord Mayor’s Lounge have been completely renovated, unveiling a fresh arrival experience. The Shelbourne is everything I love in a city hotel: a vibrant sense of place; a warm team eager to delight guests; and a fun energy that lets guests know they are in the right place. Too many traditional city hotels can be stuffy and inflexible. The Shelbourne is the opposite.
Fast Facts about The Shelbourne:
– Located on St. Stephen’s Green in the heart of Dublin. Dublin’s best attractions, bars, and restaurants are in easy reach.
– Completely restored/updated, including the lobby to restaurants/bars and bedrooms/suites
– An onsite Genealogy Butler to help families discover their Irish roots.
– The Irish Constitution was drafted here!
– Incredible suites; 12 are named after well-known figures of history who frequented here
– Home to the most exclusive 2-bedroom suite in Ireland: The Princess Grace Suite (can even connect to become 3-bedroom).
– 6 bars and restaurants which are loved by the locals, including: The Horseshoe Bar; No. 27; & 1824.
– Elite fitness centre; swimming pool; 3-story Georgian Spa; Nail & Hair Salon.
– Member of Autograph Collection as of May 1.
From connecting rooms and two-bedroom suites to a swimming pool and gorgeous spa, The Shelbourne makes it easy. We enjoy working with their dedicated team, and love their varied food & beverage options. Some of the best places to grab a drink in Ireland are located in this one property! Celebrated guests can grab a seat at the oyster bar to enjoy our Celebrated Perk: Guinness & Oysters, a tasting of the classic Irish combination. Or, head to the Lord Mayors Lounge for one of Ireland’s most iconic afternoon teas.